Hello friends… As nowadays with the evolution and new technologies the e-communication is considered as fastest method for communication in business. But still Formal Letter Format Template or business letters is key to making a good impression. If you are in business sector you must know few letters which are widely written, such as covering letters for job applications, covering letters for surveys or letters of complaint to your bank manager. But there are few things you must kept in mind before writing a letter so that your letter can influence the reader. Your Formal Letter Format should be in correct format. It should be short and to the point because reader would not enough time to read your all letter. It should be relevant and also avoid doing any grammatical or spelling mistakes. Be polite and avoid showing your aggression even if you are complaining in your letter. Last but not the least your presentation should be well presented. So it’s time to look at the format of Format Letter.
Formal Letter Format Template
- Sender’s address and telephone number: You have to start your letter with the address of sender which should be written on the top left hand side of the letter. In the second line write your street address, your city name, state, and zip code and don’t forget to write your contact number in the end.
- Date: It is very common mistake people do in the formal letter writing in the date writing. According to the Formal Letter Format your date should written just one line below the sender address. Write the date in month-day-year format.( For example: March 11, 2017).
Note: Leave one blank line below the date.
- Reference line: In this line you have to write your letter in reference to something specific. You can skip this if not required.
- Recipient Address: In this line write the full address of the recipient including recipient name and title along with the company name. Similar to the sender address it should be written in the left aligned.
- Salutation: Address the recipient with appropriate title such as ”Mr.” or “Ms.” . Starting the letter in a polite manner. You can start is by writing “Dear” followed by the recipient personal title and last name.
- Subject: This line is Subject line which should be written in capital letters. Try to keep that subject line brief and descriptive.
- Body: In this section you have write in the paragraph and discuss your problem. You can also give write some short description if required.
- Closing: In the end when you are going to end your letter do it with words like “Thank you”, “Sincerely” and put comma in the closing under this write your name.
- Sign: In the end sign your name by hand which shows the recipient that you took your own time to send this letter which makes it important.
Formal Letter Format
Sample of Formal Letter Format Template
Formal Letter Format Example
Formal Letter Format Sample
So we hope all these steps will help you in Formal Letter Format Template writing but if you still feel any problem fell free to comment here also share our post on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.